Profile – Methodology & Business Processes Corporate Development Department of MT
The challenges was to describe the existing processes and to compose a model of them “as they ought to be” with reference to corporate rules of procedure. The task was further complicated given that the existing processes needed to be analyzed and improved and not just visualized. The processes could then be audited and continually enhanced resulting in the transformation of the formal model description into a real IT infrastructure.
To achieve the targeted goals, the team developed the basic functionality of the Casewise product portfolio, and transformed it into a customized, ready-to-use solution designed for the specific tasks amongst which were:
- A Reports Generator for the automatic generation of the rules of procedure straight from the processes map
- A Logger for recording the users’ actions with Casewise tool
- V-Modeler for bringing changes, and transfering the models from Casewise to Visio and vice versa.
Amongst the items created were:
- More than 300 processes regulations, including 34 applied directly to the IT systems (Access Management Systems, Processing of the Demands for IT Systems Changes etc…)
- Around 30,000 different visual object
- Specially designed templates which help to accelerate tasks.
“The main result of the project was that due to the Casewise toolsets capabilities we got a relevant model of our company activities, including business processes and organizational structure patterns and the map of the processes in real time which in fact is a key tool for the management of the processes”, comments Ilya Rybakov the Head of the Methodology and Business Processes Corporate Development Department of MTS.
The Casewise toolset is now accepted as a corporate MTS standard for the processes management for the Group.